Installing WP News Aggregator is a straight forward process and should only take a couple of minutes.
Upload and Activate WP News Aggregator
- Open and extract wpnewsaggregator.zip somewhere on your computer.
- Browse into the “plugins” folder.
- Copy the whole “wp-news-aggregator” folder to your blog installation (locally or via FTP). The new folder location should be “/wp-content/plugins/wp-news-aggregator”.
- Goto your WordPress administration panel (http://www.example.com/wp-admin).
- Click the “Plugins” link in the left menu.
- In the list of plugins, find “WP News Aggregator” and click the “Activate” link below it.
Activating the default theme
- Browse into the “themes” folder (from the files you downloaded onto your computer)
- Copy the whole “wp-news-aggregator” folder to your blog installation (locally or via FTP). The new folder location should be “/wp-content/themes/wp-news-aggregator”.
- To activate the theme, click the “Appearance” link in the left menu and click ‘Activate’ on the WP News Aggregator theme.
How to use your own theme
If you wish to use your own theme, as opposed to the one provided with WP News Aggregator, you’ll need to get familiar with our function reference and template tags, which can be found in the documentation. You will also find it very beneficial to see our documentation page on ‘Understanding the default theme‘ which describes how the default theme works.