Creating the news aggregator homepage
Once you’ve installed the plugin, added news source and created some categories, you’ll be eager to start seeing the news articles on your site.
If you’re using the WordPress theme that was supplied with the script, follow the steps below to create your ‘news aggregator homepage’.
- Goto your WordPress administration control panel (http://www.example.com/wp-admin).
- Click ‘Pages’ on the left hand side menu
- Click the ‘Add Page’ button on the page which has displayed
- Give the page a name, such as ‘News Aggregator Homepage’
- On the page, find the box named ‘Page Attributes’ and click the ‘template’ drop-down box. There are 3 ‘News Templates’ to choose from. Please select ‘News Template, All News’
- Click ‘Publish’
You will now have created a page on your website which will display the news from your news sources.
There are 3 default options for the homepage template, these are:
- News Template, All News
- News Template, Categorised, Grid
- News Template, Categorised, Inline